Welcome! I hope you will find my ramblings entertaining, informative and maybe even uplifting. You will find entries on homeschool curriculum reviews, concerns and questions as I try to organize my life with three ever growing and changing boys. I will also write about gardening, quilting and scripture. Why? Well, I need a place to put all my crazy thoughts! You are welcome to comment all your crazy ones too... ;)

Friday, April 12, 2013

My Great Grandmother's Quilts

As my Grandmother has moved and is settling in, we have discovered many treasures amongst her things.  Here are the few from her life back in Oklahoma where she was born and raised.  These were made by her mother around the 1930's and all made by hand (except for the second to last which is a top that is unfinished. She must have either borrowed or finally was given a sewing machine!)  The fabrics and colors are fun and it was neat to discover in two of the unfinished tops that they used their clothes often times.  So neat to think of the dresses and farm shirts worn and used up and then still repurposed into something that has stood the test of time...











No comments:

Post a Comment