Welcome! I hope you will find my ramblings entertaining, informative and maybe even uplifting. You will find entries on homeschool curriculum reviews, concerns and questions as I try to organize my life with three ever growing and changing boys. I will also write about gardening, quilting and scripture. Why? Well, I need a place to put all my crazy thoughts! You are welcome to comment all your crazy ones too... ;)

Friday, April 12, 2013

New Baby Bunnies!

Born in the wee early morning hours Sunday, April 7th.......
     There were six total....here you can see 5...I found the sixth over in another pile of fur.  Then I frantically checked to make sure there weren't any more!  Just the 6...they are getting so big already!  Today they are beginning to really squirm and flip around...first attempts at jumping!  They will grow quckly!  A few of them were looking scrawny and I was worried.  The success of hand-rearing rabbits is less than 10% will make it and I've heard from breeders that it's even smaller than that. :(  After many discouraging phone calls, I finally reached a dear Christian woman in a town nearby who sells raw goat milk which is as good as you can get when you can't get rabbit milk from the mommy.  As I told her what I was told (kill the babies, let them die, let nature take it's course) and how I just couldn't adopt that mindset, she reminded me of this, "You know, the outcome may not be as you hope but these people do not know one thing, how big our God is!".  She is right! Our God is HUGE!!!
     I set to prayer.  I have run a gammut of emotions because human life is so much more important than baby bunnies and there are such real needs in the world around me.....would God do something for these baby buns?  Would He hear me?  In the scheme of life this is so small....but they are still, Life.  These bunnies are still a plan, a thought, a precious creation made by God! They didn't "just happen"!  Even the least of these, He cares about deeply.  The Bible so clearly says that he cares about the sparrows and the lilies of the field.  God has made the world and everything in it, why wouldn't He care about these precious bunnies?  And, even more, He cares for me and what is important to me.
     I, again, set to prayer.  By evening I was ready to go and feed the bunnies and my husband says, "Give it the night.  Wait until morning." (mother bunnies feed at night when all is quiet and less predators are around to follow them to the nest.  I protested, "But they may not live until morning!!!" he encouraged me to wait.  he accepted that if anything happened it would be on his head (that's right mister!) and he would accept full responsibility.  I walked away thinking to myself, yeah right, what does he know?  I'm the one on the phone with breeders, vets, etc.  I'm the one who is reading and researching online!! I'm the one who has given over to half my day dealing with this.....and I'm the one who will be finding their little bodies in the morning. :(  Still, I had a choice...obey or do it my way.  I decided in that moment to obey.  I know, I know! it was sooooooooo hard! Still, I waited, I trusted and guess what?  Well, wait a minute, I'll get to that. 
     So, a restless night of prayer and worry gave way to early morning.  I sat in bed not ready to get up and see what may or may not be a good thing.  I prayed.  Lord, this is going to either be a sad moment that I am not sure I am ready to face! I cried.  They could be almost dead and I'll rush to feed them but it will be in vain!!  They could be dead and I'll feel like such a jerk for not feeding them last night! Or, they could be full.  Really, they could be just fine.  Which will it be?  How can I look?  Lord!! What will I do?  Well, until you step out of the boat, those will remain questions that are unanswered.  I had to find the answer.
     I crept over to the box that we are keeping in our room for privacy and peace from the other pets and banshees (pets being a nosey dog and two cats who would love to play with the bunnies until their squeakers break!- Banshees being my 3 boykins who are so super excited about the babies but are just boys and not being noisey and rambunctious is IMPOSSIBLE!!) I peaked over the side, removed the screen top and pet the mommy.  She eyed me warily.  I prayed.  I looked and seperate from the fat ones were the three little ones that had been so little and scrawny.  They were right infront of me, out in the open in their own little area and they had FULL TUMMIES!!!  All 6 babies had nice round full tummies!!! Oh what joy!!! Oh how I was so thankful!!! Tears flowed freely down my cheeks, praises and smiles were abundant and falling from my lips! My heart in gratitude felt like it would explode!  Thank you Jesus, thank you!
     I've been down this road before.  My dear reader, God is in the details.  He is the God who sees and hears.  Just so you know, I have been told no before.  I've tasted the loss of a baby of my own that no matter how many tears I cried, no matter how many prayers were prayed, my little one went home to be with Him.  I was devastated.  I do not have answers as to why some are yes and some are no.   The Bible says clearly that our ways and thoughts are not like His.  It hurts. It hurts to grieve, it hurts to lose, it hurts to have hopes and dreams come crashing down around us.  We live in a fallen world and are told these things will happen.  It is the result of sin in this world and it is not what God had originally designed for us.  That is why He has made a way for us to spend eternity with Him.  Salvation is for us to live forever with Him, away from death, sin, brokenness, dismay, and sorrow that we experience today.  Heaven is where we will experience perfection as it was meant to be for us.  It will be utterly perfect and we will be made perfect too!  God is in the details even of what will happen to us when we and our loved ones die here. I am thankful that He is now telling my story.
     It's a lesson from the rabbits.  "Cast your cares upon Him because He careth for you." Oh how He more than cares.  He loves, He loves passionately and deeply, more than you or I can imagine!  Oh to walk in and know the depths of His love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment